Learning Through Life
Site Design by Gerrick Graphics. Copyright© 2009. All rights reserved.
· Is a volunteer based program.
· Helps adults improve their reading, writing, and math skills.
· Provides free and confidential one-on-one tutoring
· Offers English as a second language and French as a second language tutoring.
· Raises self-esteem and confidence through successful learning experiences.
· Creates awareness of literacy issues.
· One out of every three adults in Alberta possesses reading skills that limit their ability to deal with much of the written material they encounter every day.
· 1 in 7 adults in Alberta is at the lowest literacy level.
· 22% of adult Canadians have serious problems dealing with printed materials.
· Today's new jobs require highly literate workers.
· Higher levels of literacy decrease unemployment rates.
· Lifelong learning is important in acquiring new competencies and qualifications.